Sunday, March 10, 2013

"The Omega Watchers" - Chapter 10

I suppose it is only natural when writing a novel to interweave bits and pieces of your own life into the story.  In writing Chapter 10, I reflected on my days of questioning what I really believed.  When I was 20 years old my mother passed away and she was the strong spiritual strength in our family.  Being raised in a "very" conservative home and with her now gone, I battled to understand truth.  I could not understand why such a Godly woman was taken so young if there truly was a God.  My personal quest began.

It is just like the enemy of our soul to bring across our path a deception to try to lead us away from the truth, and I was introduced to "spiritual" things that I did not know existed having lived a very sheltered life.  I was living in Lexington, Kentucky and met a young man that was a "Spiritist".   We had deep conversations about the spirit world and it was very different from what I had been taught. He quoted bible scriptures, but interpreted them totally different.  I began to wonder about the things he was telling me that I had not heard before and curiosity kept our conversations going for quite some time.

In this chapter I start to expose some of the deceptions the enemy tried to pull me into.  Had it not been for the prayers of my mother and the blood covering she constantly spoke over me that was still upon me even though she had gone to her heavenly reward, I could have so easily fallen into the spiritual deception.  Our young people are looking for something supernatural.  They want something bigger than who they are and that want to know this life isn't all there is.  If they do not get their spiritual answers from the church, then the enemy "appears" as a beautiful angel of light to seduce them into his supernatural world, and without the discernment of the Holy Spirit, can so easily be seduced.

We are in a time that our young people are being deceived by so many spirits that would dilute the truth of the one Holy God and His Son, Jesus.  The winds of deception are blowing strong for the enemy knows his time is short.

Have you asked yourself why books and movies about witchcraft, vampires, and all things evil are blockbusters?   They are filling a spiritual void in our young that the church should be filling!  And the young adults (that have been raised in church) are exiting our churches in masses.  We need the power to return to our churches and it will only return as we individually seek a Spirit filled life.

I pray daily as I am writing The Omega Watchers that spiritual truth will be revealed and the deception be exposed!

No comments: